Privacy Statement – May 2018
Blissful Living is the trading name of Alison Colyer
Data Protection Law means that you have extensive rights regarding the collection, storage and use of your data.
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) you have the following rights as an individual regarding your data:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
If you would like to find out more about these rights, or if you would like to report a breach of them then you can contact the ICO (Information Commissioners Office)
or call their helpline on 0303 123 1113
Further contact details for the ICO can be found here: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/helpline/
Information held by Blissful Living
- Enquiries from non-customers – message, name, telephone and email address – received via our website, or by text message – held for up to a year and used to answer query and follow up.
- Mailing list – name and email address – populated by people registering on our website, or opting in on an enquiry form. People completing a health declaration are given the option to be added to the mailing list so they can be kept in touch with class information, but all mailings have opt out link – indefinitely, but opt out link on each mailing.
- Health and registration forms from students – name, contact details and health information – completed via our website or in class – used for class management, and held for at least seven years for insurance purposes.
- Attendance registers – data collected in class – used for class management, and held for at least seven years for insurance purposes.
- Notes on classes and sessions – data collected in class – used for class management, and held for at least seven years for insurance purposes.
- Emails – sent from clients and non-clients. Important messages are saved in our filing system, otherwise emails retained for up to two years.
- Payment data, excluding card information which we do not receive at any time. Received via accounting and banking systems, and saved for at least seven years for accounting and tax obligations.
- Website cookies set automatically by our software. We do not knowingly access these or pass to third parties.
- Except where required by law, we do not share data with third parties or sell contact lists.
- Information held by Blissful Living is accessed by Alison Colyer and may be shared, on a need to know basis, with another yoga teacher if they are covering a class.
For queries about Data Protection, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies are used on this website to make the site easier to use and to track the traffic patterns of visitors. We are operating an ‘implied consent’ policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy with this, then you should adjust your web browser settings to disallow cookies.